How to count colocation traffic?

• Hi all,

I´m planning to build a hardware firewall with pfsense. Behind the FW, I´ll connect several servers via a switch.
    Some of these servers are co-located servers from other companies. How can I count the data traffic from each of them?

Does pfsense have a capability to count, or will I have to do that with the switch?
    If it´s done by the switch, can you recommend me a particular switch model that can count traffic, that is stable and reliable, and not that extremely high-priced?

thank you

• Have a look at the bandwidthd package which was implemented lately: http://forum.pfsense.org/index.php/topic,2117.0.html

• @ hoba:
    Do you mean bandwidthd from sourceforge?

• It's the same software but it already is available as pfSense package if you go to system>packages in the webgui (unless you run the embedded version of pfSense).

• @hoba:

It's the same software but it already is available as pfSense package if you go to system>packages in the webgui (unless you run the embedded version of pfSense).

Does it work with multiple LAN interface (LAN OPT1 …) ?

• @fouinix:

@hoba:

It's the same software but it already is available as pfSense package if you go to system>packages in the webgui (unless you run the embedded version of pfSense).

Does it work with multiple LAN interface (LAN OPT1 …) ?

Not right now. There is a known bug with Bandwidthd using multiple interfaces.