[Solved] Can not assign interfaces in current 2.0RC3 snapshots



  • My pfSense box (i386) has 7 interfaces. I wrote the following nanobsd image to a 1GB IBM Microdrive:
    pfSense-2.0-RC3-1g-i386-20110621-1821-nanobsd.img

    I assigned a WAN and LAN interface in the setup through the serial console.
    Everything is working fine so far. I can add, remove and edit interfaces (OPT1 etc) through the webinterface.

    With only the WAN and LAN interfaces assigned, I upgraded to the Wed Aug  3 13:01:47 EDT 2011 snapshot via the upgrade menu in the webinterface.
    As far as I can see everything is working fine again, except for adding extra interfaces via the webinterface.

    When I click the plus sign in I get the message "Interface has been added." in a red bar above the table. But there is no new OPT interface visible in the table below. After a refresh (or a restart of the webbrowser) there is still no new added interface visible.

    When I add an OPT interface via SSH, there are no errors and I can see and edit this OPT interface via the webinterface.

    I booted from the previous slice (the original 20110621-1821 version) and upgraded to an earlier snapshot (randomly chosen):
    pfSense-2.0-RC3-1g-i386-20110726-2003-nanobsd-upgrade.img.gz

    This snapshot gives no problem with assigning interfaces via the webinterface.

    Were there recent changes in how adding an interfaces via the webinterface is handled?
    Or am I the only one with these problems?



  • I'm not a PHP or git guru, but could it have something to do with this 2011-07-29 commit in the RELENG_2_0 branch in /etc/inc/utils.inc?

    Can it be that get_configured_interface_list reparses the config file and does not "see" the recent changes?

    In the master branch, the corresponding commit does not include changes in /etc/in/utils.inc…



  • Ok, I tried loading some previous snapshots, these are the results:

    Working fine (assigning interfaces through webgui):

    • pfSense-2.0-RC3-1g-i386-20110726-2003-nanobsd-upgrade.img.gz
    • pfSense-2.0-RC3-1g-i386-20110728-2355-nanobsd-upgrade.img.gz
    • pfSense-2.0-RC3-1g-i386-20110729-1520-nanobsd-upgrade.img.gz

    That was the last one working, the following snapshot gave no new interfaces after clicking the + sign:

    • pfSense-2.0-RC3-1g-i386-20110729-2248-nanobsd-upgrade.img.gz

    Still not working in the most recent snapshots:

    • pfSense-2.0-RC3-1g-i386-20110803-1301-nanobsd-upgrade.img.gz
    • pfSense-2.0-RC3-1g-i386-20110803-2004-nanobsd-upgrade.img.gz

    So I guess there was a change in one of the scripts between the 1520 and 2248 build on 29 jul?



  • Should be fixed on next snapshots.



  • Thanks, I will post back with feedback.



  • I just tried the newest snapshot:

    • pfSense-Full-Update-2.0-RC3-i386-20110804-1057.tgz

    And I can assign interfaces again in the webinterface.

    This is on the same box, only with a full install on a microdrive.
    Before it was the same microdrive with a nanobsd install. I will try the newest snapshot on nanobsd tomorrow.

    <edit>Tested the microdrive with know working version:

    • pfSense-2.0-RC3-1g-i386-20110729-1520-nanobsd-upgrade.img.gz
      and upgraded it to the latest nanobsd version:
    • pfSense-2.0-RC3-1g-i386-20110804-1327-nanobsd-upgrade.img.gz

    And as aspected, all (assigning interfaces) is working fine again.

    Thanks.</edit>


Locked