after is use url blacklist option with http://www.shallalist.de/Downloads/shallalist.tar.gz.
the internet was too much slow to all user's. then after i formatted the pfsense server then configure url blacklist again facing same problem internet was too slow.
anybody have idea to resolve this issue.
A Mohan Rao
Metu69salemi last edited by
ofcourse internet is slower when you check everything against big lists. Can you tell what hardware you have under the hood?
Cry Havok last edited by
If you're using it with Squid, try adding SquidGuard and use that instead for the blacklist. Squid is much slower at processing large lists than SquidGuard.
hardware is core 2 duo 2.0 4 GB RAM
Dear all pfsense experts
i m using pfsense 2.0
its working fine, but before some days i facing a problem all internet user's are have a message the connection was reset, then after refresh page and but internet was not work then go to Diagnostics and reset stats.
its working then after i face same problem. on that time i have to reboot the server but after 2-3 hours we are facing same problem the connection was reset
any idea how to resolve this problem.
Thanks in advance.
A Mohan Rao
+91 98260 61122
i m using pfsenes 2.0 its now its working fine.
and i m using urlblacklist.
but when my all user's r try to update quickheal antivirus its not update but when i gave full permission its updating.
i see the page its blocking in blk_BL_movies here i m delete some related to quickheal antivirus but still its not updating
any body can help regarding this.
Kamel last edited by
To directly address your question, when I had an issue like this it was because I had saved but not applied my settings in squidblock. Also, I found making a whitelist easy and effective for specific URL's that are being blacklisted I don't want blacklisted. Easy instructions located here > http://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/SquidGuard_package bottom of page, "Exclude domain/URL from blacklist" section.
To address your original inquiry, just wanted to put in my 2 cents for anyone who may be going through a similar struggle.
I was experiencing somewhat similar issues. I realized that my ram began running out and was beginning to use swap.
What I've done which worked great was to remove the pfblocker package with all blacklists there. Now I just use pfsense/squid/squidblock (with the blacklist here http://squidguard.mesd.k12.or.us/ i strongly prefer… all others I was able to find unfiltered porn sites with a simple google search -- found them on the first page of results, actually).
The blacklists I use are ads and spyware, this method is far superior to pfblocker for my needs. It not only seems to perform much faster, but it also is extremely useful to give an error message with the included blacklist that's causing the block, rather than just being unable to reach a page completely. I also have found that the blacklist is good enough for my needs to stop using HVAP which has also improved performance.
Just my experience, YMMV. Good luck.