Can't access WebConfigurator [solved]



  • Hello.

    I use pfSense at work, with 2 server (CARP). 2 week ago we updated pfSense 1.2 to 2.0. Everything work fine.

    Yesterday, i tried to access the web gui for the main firewall, and it doesn't work no more. The web gui worked fine before that in the afternoon. It works for the second firewall. The rules wasn't changed.

    Everything else works fine on the firewall, and i can access it with SSH.

    The page don't load, and the browser wait a long time (>10minutes).

    I tried to restart the webconfigurator, but it doesn't change anything.

    The error in /var/log/lighttpd.error.log :

    
    2011-11-07 17:23:48: (connections.c.299) SSL: 1 error:140760FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:unknown protocol
    2011-11-07 17:28:51: (connections.c.299) SSL: 1 error:140760FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:unknown protocol
    2011-11-08 09:22:59: (log.c.166) server started
    2011-11-08 09:23:25: (connections.c.299) SSL: 1 error:1407609C:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:http request
    2011-11-08 09:23:25: (connections.c.299) SSL: 1 error:1407609C:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:http request
    2011-11-08 09:23:25: (connections.c.299) SSL: 1 error:1407609C:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:http request
    2011-11-08 09:35:42: (log.c.166) server started
    2011-11-08 09:35:50: (connections.c.299) SSL: 1 error:1407609C:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:http request
    2011-11-08 10:08:02: (connections.c.299) SSL: 1 error:1407609C:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:http request
    2011-11-08 10:08:05: (connections.c.299) SSL: 1 error:1407609C:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:http request
    2011-11-08 10:29:04: (connections.c.1711) SSL (error): 5 -1 32 Broken pipe
    
    

    Sorry for my bad English, it's not my mother tongue, and any remarques will be welcomme.



  • if all else fails, try rebooting the machine and see if that helps. Rebooting could also expose some hardware issues.



  • With help, we figured out the causes and solution to this problem.

    Cause :
    Me and another admin, tried to access the RRD graph at the exact same time. This locked the interface.
    PHPprocess was locked.

    Solution :
    Kill all locked PHP process.
    Restart the webConfigurator.


Locked