Stable release of FreeRadius for Gold 2.0?

• Hello,

I'm running pfsense 2.0 64 bit. I'm in need of enabling Radius capabilities and I've noticed that there aren't any stable releases of FreeRadius for this platform. I really cannot enable an alpha or beta release in production. Is the limiting factor that I'm running 64-bit and there currently isn't a stable FreeRadius release? Does pfsense 2.0 i386 have a stable FreeRadius package? Please help!

• There is a work in progess update for this package.

You can help on a stable RELEASE by testing your current freeradius config on pfsense.

Take a look on its forum topic.

http://forum.pfsense.org/index.php/topic,43675.0.html

You can also have an option to donate to pfsense project directing this to freeradius developers/maintainers

Help developers help you.  ;)

• @jrmitchell83:

Hello,

I'm running pfsense 2.0 64 bit. I'm in need of enabling Radius capabilities and I've noticed that there aren't any stable releases of FreeRadius for this platform. I really cannot enable an alpha or beta release in production. Is the limiting factor that I'm running 64-bit and there currently isn't a stable FreeRadius release? Does pfsense 2.0 i386 have a stable FreeRadius package? Please help!

It depends on what you want to realize:
    freeradius 1.1.8 should be stable but is limited from GUI configuration. What you can do from GUI is working as far as I could say that.
    I am working on freeradius2. It has the same functionality that freeradius1.1.8 has but with some more GUI functions.

You could try freeradius2 and post what is working and what is NOT working.