1 public IP, multiple servers/devices on LAN subnet… Reverse proxy?

• My challenge is probably not unique in any way, so I'm sure there are several solutions. I have 1 public IP, and a LAN subnet on my pfSense 2.01. There are several devices I'd like to access from outside, so I need to find a way to "filter" incoming requests based on what domain name used.

Example:
    web1.mysite.com will direct me to 10.1.1.5
    someotherdevice.mysite.com will direct me to 10.1.1.6

I have added the haproxy package, but it's hard to find any documentation on how to achieve my goal… Any advices?

• haproxy will redirect based on ip but not hosts.

The package you need is varnish or apache+mod_security.

See package description to decide what package you will use.

I have added the haproxy package, but it's hard to find any documentation on how to achieve my goal

docs.pfsense.org has some info about this package

• Will look into Varnish then, thanks for the tip :)

haproxy - redirect on IP? From outside - Let's say my public IP is 80.81.82.83 - and I want to telnet into an appliance box on 10.1.1.10 on my LAN - how should I try to access this?

• This 80.81.82 sample could be done with a simple built in pfsense nat.

• Yes I know how to NAT. What I want to know is how I can access several devices on the same port on LAN from external location. The 80.81.82 example should include info that there are multiple devices on inside using port 22, but I thought that was obvious…

I'm starting to believe that haproxy redirects based on source IP?

• For port 22, the best way to do this are using multiple nat on wan with different port for each server.

Server 1 port 2201 wan to 22 internal
    Server 2 port 2202 wan to 22 internal

Or you could use openvpn to establish a connection to your lan