Mount nightmare

• Hi there,

I'm fighting on a problem and maybe you can help me.

I have a pfsense 2.0.1 running installation on which I installed the rsync package.
    I have plugged on the same network it 2 network HDD

• Lacie Network Space 2
    • Western Digital MybookWorld something

The western disk is a backup of the lacie

Until now to mirror the 2 HDD, I'm using a script on a computer on the same network via samba shares.

I want to simplify this and launch a cron from the PfSense to do it BUT the stupid Lacie HDD only propose to me :

• Samba Share
    • SFTP access
    • FTP access

I can SCP files from it but impossible to run a rsync.

so questions, is it possible to

• mount a SMB share on pfsense
    • mount a SFTP/FTP as a folder on pfsense
      If yes it's the end of my problems… if not, I have to dismount the Lacie Drive and dig inside the file system to enable the SSH root access.

Thanks in advance

• It's not recommended but you can install freesbd samba package on firewall using pkg_add.

i386
    http://ftp-archive.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD-Archive/old-releases/i386/8.1-RELEASE/packages/Latest/

Test in on a virtual machine first to see if samba package does not break your pfsense box.

• Hi,

thanks for the info but which one should I install ?

Or maybe there too ? ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8-stable/net/ ?

• Inside the non recommended packages there is a recommended freebsd version  :)

Install packages from same freebsd version pfsense uses. Current version is freebsd 8.1 p6.

*-stable packages could depend on shared libs that are not present o outdated on pfsense.