Static ip dns problem..

• Dear all, i have two internet connection one is via dsl and another one via vsat.

The dsl router is assigning ip automatically via dhcp

The vsat is a static ip, i am inputting the static ip and gateway in the interface assign but i have no idea where to input the dns servers…

Any suggestions? I tried searching before posting but i found some solutions that didnt work,,,

Thank you in advance!

• Netgate Administrator

If you have finished the setup and can access the webGUI then it's in System: General Setup: DNS Servers.

Steve

• I tried doing that but didnt work, i have two empty input dialog boxes what dns do i input? One for each? Or i put both of the vsat? And do i tick the option below or no? Thanks

• Netgate Administrator

Slightly complicated by having one static and one dynamic.
    Personally I have two dymanic WANs but I have chosen to use Google's DNS servers instead of my ISPs. So I have the two DNS servers entered with one on each WAN gateway (you must have at least one on each if you doing failover) and unchecked the dynamic overide box.

Steve

I figure Google already knows everything about me anyway!  ::)

• Hehehe thats true i think google knows pretty much about you!

Well then ill try to input 1 dns for each since i am doing failover .. Thak u will keep u updated…

But the thing is that i have done it before and it was working with static ip but i cant remember how! And cant find the backup file! Must ask google where i put it maybe :)

• Backup config.xml are allways in Directory

/conf/backup

or

/cf/conf/backup