Feature request version 2.x

• hi,

i was wondering if it would be possible for future releases to implement "temporary rules"

what i'd like to possible is the following:
    add an  option to the firewall rules with the possibility to enter # days/hours before they are permanently disabled.

I realize the same is possible todo with the builtin schedules.
    I would think it'd be useful for a very limited version of 'schedules'  to be added to the rules-tab

happy coding

jeroen

• Talking about features, one can use "reload" to safely configure remote Cisco devices (for usage check e.g. here)

Is there a way to achieve the same result with pfsense webGUI ? (I guess one can use something like sleep 60; cp /cf/conf/backup/xyz /cf/conf/config.xml; reboot etc from the shell prompt)

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

@heper:

hi,

i was wondering if it would be possible for future releases to implement "temporary rules"

what i'd like to possible is the following:
    add an  option to the firewall rules with the possibility to enter # days/hours before they are permanently disabled.

I realize the same is possible todo with the builtin schedules.
    I would think it'd be useful for a very limited version of 'schedules'  to be added to the rules-tab

Not sure that would be really useful, but if someone wants to code it up, "patches accepted" as we always say…

@dhatz:

Talking about features, one can use "reload" to safely configure remote Cisco devices (for usage check e.g. here)

Is there a way to achieve the same result with pfsense webGUI ? (I guess one can use something like sleep 60; cp /cf/conf/backup/xyz /cf/conf/config.xml; reboot etc from the shell prompt)

In 2.1 I added a menu option "15) Restore recent configuration" that lists all recent backups (in /conf/backup) and you can choose to restore one, and then reboot. Should be close enough.

• jimp: dhatz was talking about a way to tell it to restore a snapshot of the configuration after a set period of time if the timeout isn't canceled within that period of time.  This is something to do when managing remotely if you are doing something that has a chance of accidentally locking yourself out if you make a mistake.