Fail to install a pkg

• hi,

i know it's a unnoficial Pkg but i have runed it without bug before the last update and since i updated my pfsense from ??? to 2.0.1-RELEASE  (i386)
    built on Mon Dec 12 18:24:17 EST 2011 the APCUPSD don't work.

I try to reinstall it from scratch but the pkg_add -r apcupsd give me an error

Error: Unable to get ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8.1-release/Latest/apcupsd.tbz: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)

i have found the file on 8.2 release. so i need to use the 8.2 repository? and if yes… how? after some houres of search on google and here i'm unable to change it :(

• i have try in .tcshrc but i got the same error i really don't understand how it's work….

• =-) thanks for the link, i can download from my browser (a try)

it's could work in "command" option directly on the PF gui? the last time i think i have do the setup in this way.

this time i use this link, wait 3-4 sec. and i got:

$ pkg_add -r http://ftp-archive.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD-Archive/old-releases/i386/8.1-RELEASE/packages/Latest/apcupsd.tbz

• nothing? :s

• @nickod:

nothing? :s

run it on console/ssh

• hello @ all

I tryed it via ssh and got:

# pkg_add -r http://ftp-archive.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD-Archive/old-releases/i386/8.1-RELEASE/packages/Latest/apcupsd.tbz
    Fetching http://ftp-archive.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD-Archive/old-releases/i386/8.1-RELEASE/packages/Latest/apcupsd.tbz... Done.
    man/man5/apcupsd.conf.5.gz: Could not unlink
    man/man8/apcaccess.8.gz: Could not unlink
    man/man8/apccontrol.8.gz: Could not unlink
    man/man8/apctest.8.gz: Could not unlink
    man/man8/apcupsd.8.gz: Could not unlink
    sbin/apcupsd: Could not unlink
    sbin/apcaccess: Could not unlink
    sbin/apctest: Could not unlink
    sbin/smtp: Could not unlink
    etc/apcupsd/apcupsd.conf.sample: Failed to create dir 'etc/apcupsd'Can't create 'etc/apcupsd/apcupsd.conf.sample'
    etc/apcupsd/apccontrol: Failed to create dir 'etc/apcupsd'Can't create 'etc/apcupsd/apccontrol'
    etc/apcupsd/changeme: Failed to create dir 'etc/apcupsd'Can't create 'etc/apcupsd/changeme'
    etc/apcupsd/commfailure: Failed to create dir 'etc/apcupsd'Can't create 'etc/apcupsd/commfailure'
    etc/apcupsd/commok: Failed to create dir 'etc/apcupsd'Can't create 'etc/apcupsd/commok'
    etc/apcupsd/onbattery: Failed to create dir 'etc/apcupsd'Can't create 'etc/apcupsd/onbattery'
    etc/apcupsd/offbattery: Failed to create dir 'etc/apcupsd'Can't create 'etc/apcupsd/offbattery'
    share/doc/apcupsd/apcupsd.pdf: Failed to create dir 'share/doc/apcupsd'Can't create 'share/doc/apcupsd/apcupsd.pdf'
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
    pkg_add: leave_playpen: can't chdir back to ''
    #

I'm root and also i tryed it with su before the command.

Any idears??

Best greetings

• @wildy:

I'm root and also i tryed it with su before the command.

Any idears??

Are you using nanobsd?

• Yip I'm using the latest nanobsd. If my brain works correct, it must be the 4g image.

Thanks & greetings

• @wildy:

Yip I'm using the latest nanobsd. If my brain works correct, it must be the 4g image.

You need to mount cf read-write before package install
    /etc/rc.conf_mount_rw

and when you finish
    /etc/rc.conf_mount_ro

att,
    Marcello Coutinho

• Oh yes…
    a short view in fstab... I had seen this in a second....

Other Distries said... Permission denied that were usefull for me...

All fine now ;)

Thank you!