Bug? spamd added 5 identical entries to /etc/crontab

• I'm just starting to configure spamd on

Out of curiosity, I checked /etc/crontab and found:

If possible do not add items to this file manually.

If you do so, this file must be terminated with a blank line (e.g. new line)

*/120  *      *      *      *      root            /usr/bin/nice -n20 /usr/local/sbin/spamd-setup
    */120  *      *      *      *      root            /usr/bin/nice -n20 /usr/local/sbin/spamd-setup

Is it intentional that there are 5 identical entries?

• Also, everything I read about the FreeBSD port of spamd

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2007/01/18/greylisting-with-pf.html?page=3
    http://www.bgnett.no/~peter/pf/en/spamd.setup.html

says a file descriptor is created and must be referenced in /etc/fstab.  My /etc/fstab has no such reference.

====

I added a few spamtrap e-mail addresses and wanted to see if they were listed in the db.  I got:

spamdb

spamdb: cannot open /var/db/spamd for reading: No such file or directory

=====

Just wondering whether I broke something, or am doing something wrong, or worrying about nothing.

• /etc/crontab continues to grow.  Now I have 10 identical items.

This is 1.2-BETA-1-PRERELEASE-SNAPSHOT-04-23-07

• I connected the previously unplugged WAN interface to the network and now I have zero spamd-setup lines in /etc/crontab.  spamd seems to be running Ok.

Hm.  I guess the lesson is always to have the WAN interface up when configuring anything.