Where is MailScanner Processed Mail/Spam Going?



  • Just installed the latest pfSense, followed by the postfix forwarder (set to forward to my internal Zimbra server) and then installed MailScanner.

    Mail is getting accepted by postfix and then processed by MailScanner, but when I sent a test message containing the GTUBE code, it seems to have been recognised as SPAM, processed and then delivered, but where did it go? I am unable to locate the message in my inbox even though it shows as delivered?

    /var/log/maillog

    Jun 15 12:46:47 gateway MailScanner[39271]: Spam Checks: Found 1 spam messages
    Jun 15 12:46:47 gateway MailScanner[39271]: Delivery of spam: message 47DA5889026.A5A13 from linuxguy@xxxx.ca to stork@xxxx.ca with subject Test
    Jun 15 12:46:47 gateway MailScanner[39271]: Spam Actions: message 47DA5889026.A5A13 actions are deliver,header
    Jun 15 12:46:47 gateway MailScanner[39271]: Requeue: 47DA5889026.A5A13 to E335D889033
    Jun 15 12:46:47 gateway MailScanner[39271]: Uninfected: Delivered 1 messages
    Jun 15 12:46:47 gateway postfix/qmgr[59925]: E335D889033: from=linuxguy@xxxx.ca, size=928, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
    Jun 15 12:46:47 gateway MailScanner[39271]: Deleted 1 messages from processing-database
    Jun 15 12:46:48 gateway postfix/smtp[60199]: E335D889033: to=stork@xxxx.ca, relay=192.168.1.3[192.168.1.3]:25, delay=3.8, delays=3.8/0.01/0.01/0.03, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as B821C9C00CC)
    Jun 15 12:46:48 gateway postfix/qmgr[59925]: E335D889033: removed/stork@xxxx.ca/linuxguy@xxxx.ca



  • Did you look at your mail server logs? I never had postfix not deliver mail to my mail server.



  • Look on your zimbra server, postfix did his job in 3.8 seconds.

    E335D889033: to=stork@xxxx.ca, relay=192.168.1.3[192.168.1.3]:25, delay=3.8, delays=3.8/0.01/0.01/0.03, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as B821C9C00CC)

    This log message says that zimbra server accepted the message and queued internally with id B821C9C00CC/stork@xxxx.ca



  • Thanks kindly for the suggestions. Could not locate where they were going and they just seemed to remain in the Zimbra que. So I just disabled spam checks in Zimbra and now they are going through after getting tagged/relabled as spam from MailScanner.

    Thank again :)


Locked