Packet Capture stopped working in the latest days builds. "invalid interface".

• Hello,

I was using the Packet Capture function just a few days ago working OK but now I get some strange "invalid interface" error
    regardless which "Interface" i'm using.

I have also seen some strange entry in the dropdown Interface where it states "invalidinterface". (see screenshot PC2.jpg)
    I only have 3 interfaces defined.   WAN, LAN and a GIF-tunnel IPv6broker interface.  And no LAGG.  (see screenshot PC3.jpg)

The only thing I could think of that has changed between when it was working and not working was defining OpenVPN Server entry
    and then later same day upgrading to newer build.

I have tried to reboot the pfsense but still same problem.
    I have tried to remove the OpenVPN server entry but same problem.  (still have the "invalidinterface" in the dropdown and error when saving)
    The GIF-tunnel interface was defined earlier when Capture was working.  Worked both before and after defining GIF/Interface.

Best regards
    Dan Lundqvist
    Stockholm, Sweden

• I can confirm that I'm also having the same exact issue. sync'd this morning

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

Should be OK now (just committed a fix)

• Thanks for that.  I will test a new build and report back the result.

//Danne

• Packet Capture seems to work now after the fix.

HOWEVER, I do still have a "invalidinterface" entry in the dropdownlist which I don't know what it is and how to get rid of !?

//Danne

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

That must have been there for testing the input validation. I just removed it.

• Ok, thanks.