UPNP for VPN PPTP connections

• How do i enable upnp for all incoming pptp vpn connections ? I can not even find upnp in the pfsense GUI , has it been removed in the latest version ?!

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

It's under the Services menu, labeled "UPnP & NAT-PMP"

There wouldn't be a way to turn it on for PPTP users though, it only lists "real" interfaces in the UPnP GUI.

• @jimp:

It's under the Services menu, labeled "UPnP & NAT-PMP"

There wouldn't be a way to turn it on for PPTP users though, it only lists "real" interfaces in the UPnP GUI.

Hmm, am i using a stripped down version ? I do not see it under services menu, pic attached.

What version are you running?

Every version should have UPnP in the menu, assuming you have more than one actual interface on the box.

If you only have WAN+VPNs then it wouldn't show up.

if(count($config['interfaces']) > 1) {
    	/* no use for UPnP in single-interface deployments
    	remove to reduce user confusion
    	*/
    	$services_menu[] = array(gettext("UPnP & NAT-PMP"), "/pkg_edit.php?xml=miniupnpd.xml&id=0");
    }

• I had only one interface, problem fixed, thanks! :)

Will this work with pptp connections ?

As I said above, it probably will not work for PPTP.

First, because those interfaces are not selectable for/by UPnP, and second, UPnP works with broadcast/multicast and that traffic doesn't carry over PPTP, if I recall correctly.

• @jimp:

As I said above, it probably will not work for PPTP.

First, because those interfaces are not selectable for/by UPnP, and second, UPnP works with broadcast/multicast and that traffic doesn't carry over PPTP, if I recall correctly.

You are correct, broadcast/multicast is not carried over PPTP :(