Can't change default WAN interface?
First small explanations about my setup:
1. When pfsense box was created years ago I had 1 WAN (lets name it WAN A) and multiple LANs + 1 gateway (GW A). Everything works.
2. Some time later second WAN was added (WAN B) with second gateway (GW B). Still everything works, GW A is default gateway, GW B is not.
3. Now WAN A connections no longer exists. GW B was set as default gateway, but GW A refuses to stop being default gateway.
How can I:
1. Force GW A from being default gateway?
2. Change WAN B to be default and only WAN interface so I can remove WAN A and GW A afterwards?
I could just drop WAN B and reconfigure WAN A for its connection, but that means manually moving dozens of firewall rules from WAN B to WAN A interface + editing dozens of rules were WAN B is forced. Its simply not acceptable. I'd also like to avoid hand editing XML config.
From my experience, you can't rename move or delete WAN and LAN that are by default and needed by pfSense to work.
The fastest way to change WAN B for WAN could be to make a configuration backup (xml file) and use a text editor with batch search/replace in rules and reload the modified file.
Done by editing XML.
BTW I think that wan/lan shouldn't be special cases. These should be regular interfaces which can be edited or deleted, without forcing wan as default gateway etc.