Upgrade from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2



  • Hello,

    I scanned the /updates/ folder and found the "pfSense-1.0.2-Full-Embedded-Update.tgz" and installed it on a remote 1.0.1 box.

    After reboot the webgui did not come online again but rest of the services worked well so I could do a remote login and had a look into the logfiles, but found nothing. Everything looked fine.

    I searched the rc scripts and found out how to start the webgui manually.

    I switched to /var/etc/ and did the following:
    lighttpd -f ./lighty-webConfigurator.conf

    And got this error message:
    2007-06-13 16:31:31: (plugin.c.165) dlopen() failed for: /usr/local/lib/lighttpd/mod_fastcgi.so /usr/local/lib/lighttpd/mod_fastcgi.so: Undefined symbol "__h_errno"
    2007-06-13 16:31:31: (server.c.594) loading plugins finally failed

    Looks like there is an error in the 1.0.2 update.

    My question now is how to repair this? Do a fresh install of the 1.0.1 release?

    regards,
    Marcus



  • do a fresh install with the 1.2 pfsense version



  • What did you actually install? 1.0.2 doesn't exist, never has, and likely never will.



  • Well,

    I installed "just" this update I found on the mirror server. I have some problems with IPSec and was hoping to solve them with the update.

    But, to be honest, its kind of difficult to find out if there is a new official release on the website. Not very clear and concise.

    http://pfsense.bol2riz.com/updates/

    And here I see this particular file in the list, but ok, Ill do a reinstall, I have a backup of the config from the minute before the update :)

    Thanks



  • @Comradin:

    But, to be honest, its kind of difficult to find out if there is a new official release on the website. Not very clear and concise.
    http://pfsense.bol2riz.com/updates/

    It gets clearer when you use the snapshot server itself:
    http://snapshots.pfsense.com

    and for current beta updates:
    http://snapshots.pfsense.com/FreeBSD6/RELENG_1_2/updates/

    The latest file name there is:
    …/pfSense-Full-And-Embedded-Update-1.2-BETA-1-TESTING-SNAPSHOT-06-06-2007.tgz.md5
    which makes it slightly easier to judge.

    Personally, I'd prefer a name like:
    .../pfSense-Full-And-Embedded-Update-1.2-BETA-BUILD1234...
    where you could see from the build no. if a change has occured. Currently the file name relates to the date of 2007-Jun-06 but the file date is 2007-Jun-13. Not easily to follow if you're not that deep in programming/cvs-tracking like the core team.

    Anyway, since pretty much everything within pfSense is deeply thought about there will be a reason for this. Somehow.

    I don't know why the file name on the mirror is crippled. It definately shouldn't!

    Chris



  • We need to fix the files generated so the date is actually the date it was created. I'm not sure why it's that way now. It's one of those things I'm going to look into eventually.  :)

    What you probably installed was 1.2b1 then, if you got it from a mirror. That should be a fine version to use for most things, unless you run into something that somebody says has been fixed in a snapshot.


Log in to reply