Stuck service on services status



  • Hi everybody!

    This must be really simple, but I can't get it…

    You know, if you enable a service like DHCP server or NTP, you get a line added to the services status page where it shows its status. If you later on disable the service, it is not showing anymore on the services status page.

    Now, if you enable and then disable the IGMP proxy, it will still show on the services status page (will show stopped of course). How can I get rid of it from there as if have never touched it?

    BTW, I'm using the latest stable build of pfSense embedded.

    Thanks!

    Best regards


  • Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

    So you're seeing it under Status > Services even when there are -no- entries under Services > IGMP Proxy?

    The code that makes the service list is checking if there are any entries in that list and should only be showing it if there are entries there. If they are all deleted, the IGMP proxy would be effectively disabled, and the service shouldn't show any longer.

    But I'm also looking at the code on 2.1. It's possible that the check for that wasn't right on the version you are running and has already been fixed.



  • Exactly. I deleted all entries on the IGMP proxy page, but the it still shows under Status > Services.

    Any file I can manually modify?

    Thanks a lot!

    Best regards


  • Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

    What version are you running?



  • As per the dashboard it is "2.0.1-RELEASE (i386) built on Mon Dec 12 19:00:03 EST 2011". It is the 4G embedded version, running on an Alix 2D3.

    Regards!


  • Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

    If you take a config backup, open it up in a text editor, find the igmp proxy section, can you attach or paste that here? I don't need to see the whole config, just the part that refers to igmp.



  • As it is right now, the config file is not showing any IGMP section, besides just a closing tab "<igmpproxy>" near the end of the file.

    Now, if I manually add some interfaces to the proxy, it comes up this way:

    - <igmpproxy>- <igmpentry><ifname>lan</ifname> 
      <threshold><type>upstream</type> 
    
    <address> 
    - <descr>-   ]]></descr> 
    
    - <igmpentry><ifname>opt1</ifname> 
      <threshold><type>downstream</type> 
    
    <address> 
    - <descr>-   ]]></descr> 
    
    Also, this shows up, which looks interesting:
    
    
    • <revision>- <description>-   ]]></description>
        <username>admin@172.21.2.2</username>
        <time>1351000228</time></revision>
    
    Then, I deleted again the IGMP proxy entries, and exported again. Now it is showing the closing tab at the end, and also:
    
    
    • <revision>- <description>-   ]]></description>
        <username>admin@172.21.2.2</username>
        <time>1351000593</time></revision>
    
    Something looks a little messed up in my config… :-[
    </address></threshold></igmpentry> </address></threshold></igmpentry></igmpproxy> 
    ```</igmpproxy>

  • Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

    No the revision bit looks right for that page, nothing out of the ordinary there.

    What does that <igmpproxy>section look like -exactly- when you have no settings in the list?  (By that I mean when the list shows empty in the GUI and it shows in the service list but as stopped).</igmpproxy>



  • Ctrl-F for "igmp" just returns the following line, at the end of the file:

    
    ...
    
    

    And nothing else. There does not seem to be any IGMP "section"


  • Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

    It's there, it's just empty, as it should be…

    In /usr/local/www/status_services.php, around line 313, change this:

    if (count($config['igmpproxy']['igmpentry']) > 0) {
    

    to this:

    if (is_array($config['igmpproxy']['igmpentry']) && (count($config['igmpproxy']['igmpentry']) > 0)) {
    

    That's what the code does on 2.1 where I know it works right. (Though that whole page has been revamped…)



  • Great, thanks!! That did the trick ;D

    I also made the same modification on the services widget file, and now it is showing properly. Check that in 2.1 just in case ;)

    Thanks a lot!  :)


  • Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

    It can't be an issue on 2.1 because I moved that code to a common function so the code isn't duplicated between the two pages any longer. So the test only exists in one place, in an .inc file /etc/inc there. :-)


Log in to reply