Moving pfsense to another computer

  • Hello. I've got pfsense on old PC, but my motherboard is damaged. So can I just move hdd with pfsense to another computer and what  I must to do to restore pfsense on it?

  • You should be able to just move the hard drive to a new system. You are likely to run into two "problrms".
    1. The drive may have a different (e.g. ad3 instead of ad0) but that is fairly straight foward to correct.
    2. The interface name will likely be different (e.g. em0 and re instead of bge0 and bge1). Again that is fairly easy to correct because the startup will prompt you to reassign interfaces.

Log in to reply