Dansguardian Error

• Hi,
    I installed dansguardian package and it work, but some times internet connection failed and disconnected, when i view log i found this error message:
    Dec 28 21:10:16 dansguardian[39343]: Error connecting to proxy
    Dec 28 21:10:16 dansguardian[39841]: Error connecting to proxy
    Dec 28 21:10:16 dansguardian[40893]: Error connecting to proxy
    Dec 28 21:10:16 dansguardian[41101]: Error connecting to proxy
    Dec 28 21:10:16 dansguardian[41698]: Error connecting to proxy
    Dec 28 21:10:16 dansguardian[62685]: Error connecting to proxy
    Dec 28 21:10:16 dansguardian[62959]: Error connecting to proxy

when the internet disconnected this error appear.
    thanks

• @nassman:

when the internet disconnected this error appear.

Does squid crashes when link is offline? the message says that dansguardian cant reach cache server.

• I set mine up yesterday and got it working, make sure you are using the LAN interfaces and not the Localhost. I could not get squid or dansguardian to work using Localhost. HTH

• I fought this for the last three days.  Finally installed Dansguardian followed by squid and forced Dansguardian port to be 3128 instead of using default (3128).

I also found this in the logs:

squid[18733]: Failed to verify one of the swap directories, Check cache.log for details. Run 'squid -z' to create swap directories if needed, or if running Squid for the first time.

Opened up ssh and fixed with:
    : /usr/local/sbin/squid -k kill
    : squid -z

• no, squid not crash.

• Hi,
    I use Lan interface,
    I need a good manual explain how to config squid and Dansguardian from any one that Dansguardian and squid work correct.
    thanks

• This thread might be helpful in troubleshooting squid. Once you know you have squid working 100%, then go and work on getting dansguardian working.

http://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=26171.5

• I have two sites running Squid (2.7.9 v4.3.3) and Dans Guardian (2.12.0.3 v.0.1.8)
    About every 10-15 minutes, the logs show:

DansGuardian: [nnnnn] Error Connecting to Proxy.

I've tried increasing the Proxy Timeout from 30 to 40s and this has not fixed the problem.

Any ideas as to what is causing this error?