How to bypass traffic shaping queues?

• Hello,

I just installed the pfsense firewall in my lab  and  I would like to do some tests  before I use it in my production environment .

It has a very nice graphical interface…. with a few steps I successfully managed  the firewall rules and installed/configured the openvpn service.

Also, I have seen that there is a traffic shaping wizard and I used it. I have only one wan and one lan interface and for this reason I chose
    the one wan multi lan wizard. When I was asked how many lan interfaces I have,  I chose one.

After the wizard finished, I done some tests to check and compare the download speed with the results that I had before the traffic shaping installation.
    And believe me, there is a big difference! and I just followed the wizard!    ;D

I have a question: how can I completely bypass the traffic shaping rules  for some workstations (administrative workstations)?
    Is there any document that I can read on how to allow some workstations to bypass the QoS?

As I can see, the only traffic shaping rules that I have are in the Floating tab of the firewall rules.

Regards,
    George

• if u can put rules, before user rule then it can be bypass.

Proto           Source                 Port       Destination     Port           Description
    any              boss_ip              any            any                any            this is boss ip address, Unlimited

the question is, how to put rules before user rule anchor, i try, floating rules keep automatically put the rules to user rule anchor ?

• Hi,
    Thank you for your answer!

Into  which tab I have to create the rule (Floating or Interface rules)?

Which rules are executed first? The floating or the Interface rules?

Regards,
    George

• @g.sara:

Hi,
    Thank you for your answer!

Into  which tab I have to create the rule (Floating or Interface rules)?

Which rules are executed first? The floating or the Interface rules?

Regards,
    George

Interface Rules have a higher weight as the floating ones.
    That means, if there is an interface rule and an floating rule, the interface rule is executed.