IPSEC with v2.0.3 amd64 mobile client and OSX 10.6.8



  • I have configured a mobile IPSEC which works good with any IOS-client from 4.3.2 to 5.x; 6.0 not tested.
    Now i have a client who comes with an OSX 10.6.8 macbook and connection works great.

    But after 2 connections or 3 this macbook isnt able to get any connection to the pfSense box. "Server not responding" message. Meantime the IOS-clients still can connect and use the connections.

    I restarted racoon manually, but still no connect from the OSX-macbook.

    First i thought that its a OSX-problem, but only a restart of the whole pfSense-box resolves that problem. The pf-logs (IPSEC) dont tell anything, there isnt any entry from the remote side. Only the IOS-connects are logged.

    After the restart the connect from the macbook works again - for a while, say 2 to 5 times - afterwards i have to restart the pfSense box again.

    The actual firmware is 2.0.3-PRERELEASE (amd64) built on Sun Jan 20 01:00:44 EST 2013. Full install.

    I did the update because with 2.0.2 i had the same problems with all the IOS-clients with the difference that a restart of racoon resolved the problems.

    edit: Reboot of the macbook doesnt help either, only the pfSense reboot.


Locked