Migrate multiple (v)lan interfaces to LAGG
I have a site that has been up and running flawlessly for a while now (Pf 2.0)
There is a spare ethernet port available and we to create a LAGG with our current LAN-vlan-trunk and the spare port.
What would be the procedure to migrate all vlan-interfaces + firewall rules to a LAGG interface ?
I know that both interface of the LAGG have to be unused to initialize … is this possible without losing all current configuration ?
hope someone has some sort of a solution
There is no quick way to do it.
You'd have to:
- Create a lagg using the current spare port.
- Create all the vlan tags on the lagg.
- Reassign all your interfaces from the interface vlan tags to the lagg interface tags
- Remove the interface vlan tags
- Add the old interface to the lagg
Or, alternately, hand edit the config and search/replace the old interface name to the lagg interface name in the vlan and interface assignments sections and save yourself a lot of clicking.
i figured it would be something along these lines ;)
could i propose a feature request for pfsense 2.2 or 2.3 to have a migration "wizard" for this scenario ?