1 pfsense pc with 2 ethernet card, 30ap, 3cable modem, 5 switch(2managed)

• Hi guys,
    first i wanna try to explain what i am doing.

we have 3 buildings and our system room is between this buildings.
    every building has 2 100Mbit cable connection. i will gather this 6 connection cable in the system room.

i will setup 10 access point with a poe switch for every building.
    so i will be provide wireless internet with 30 ap and 3 switch to 3 buildings.

this 3 buildings' switch cables will go to system room and will connect a L2 managed switch to a for user monitor and bandwidth limits.

and i will put another 8 port L2 managed switch and connect 6 100Mbit cable connection to this switch. thn  i will do vlan tagging and connect this
    switch to the pfesnese pc.
    and connect the other switch to pfsense pc too..

i read lot and have ccna but never configure pfsense before.
    that is why i wanna ask am i right to this point? is there any missing or wrong information i wrote?

and i wonder if i gather 6 connecto cable with a wan load balancer , will it be better? and still can connect it to pfsense pc ?

my main purpose is manage the network traffic(ap requests), limit the user downloads.

thanks a lot

ps: and is there any switch, ethernet card advice for this system ?

• Netgate Administrator

So you will have 6 WAN interfaces (100Mbps cable connections) connected on 6 VLANs via a single cable. And 3 LAN interfaces. Are those also to be connected via VLAN or three separate NICs?

What you are describing seems feasible.

Steve

• @stephenw10:

So you will have 6 WAN interfaces (100Mbps cable connections) connected on 6 VLANs via a single cable. And 3 LAN interfaces. Are those also to be connected via VLAN or three separate NICs?

What you are describing seems feasible.

Steve

yes steve..
    if i will try to solve this problem with NICs, i need to put 6 nic + 2nic on a motherboard.. it seems impossible..

that is why i will gather 6 wan on a L2 managed switch and create 6vlan and will tagged them..

my pfsense knowledge is on the book right now, it means i never did it before..

that is why i am asking your opinions.. please correct me if i am doing something wrong or missing something.

3 Lan interfaces also will connect to a second L2 managed switch and build vlan and tag. then connect with a single cable to pc.

pfsense pc will have only 2 ethernet card..  is it possible right ?

thanks again..