Some sites work and some sites don't



  • Hi

    I'm having a very weird problem in that some sites will load and others will simply time out, and I can't find out why.

    I set up a tunnel with HE, and http://test-ipv6.com/ gives me a 10/10 score.

    The problem only happens for hosts in my lan, if I try to connect directly from the router everything works perfectly fine. So I'm thinking it is a problem with the firewall, but no matter how open I set it to be it simply won`t work.

    A notable site that simply times out is pfsense.org itself.

    I'm all out of ideas, so I would appreciate any help.



  • Please post the command and first ten lines of response when you ping pfsense.org on the LAN host. This should show if the name resolves to an IP address and if there is a suitable route.



  • Eveerything pings correctly, I forgot to mention that in my first post. It seems to be exclusevely an http thing. Though I haven`t tried other things such as ftp

    [host@hostname ~]$ ping6 pfsense.org
    PING pfsense.org(2605:8000:d:1::167) 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 2605:8000:d:1::167: icmp_seq=1 ttl=54 time=179 ms
    64 bytes from 2605:8000:d:1::167: icmp_seq=2 ttl=54 time=178 ms
    64 bytes from 2605:8000:d:1::167: icmp_seq=3 ttl=54 time=179 ms
    64 bytes from 2605:8000:d:1::167: icmp_seq=4 ttl=54 time=179 ms
    64 bytes from 2605:8000:d:1::167: icmp_seq=5 ttl=54 time=178 ms
    64 bytes from 2605:8000:d:1::167: icmp_seq=6 ttl=54 time=179 ms
    64 bytes from 2605:8000:d:1::167: icmp_seq=7 ttl=54 time=179 ms
    64 bytes from 2605:8000:d:1::167: icmp_seq=8 ttl=54 time=178 ms
    64 bytes from 2605:8000:d:1::167: icmp_seq=9 ttl=54 time=179 ms
    64 bytes from 2605:8000:d:1::167: icmp_seq=10 ttl=54 time=179 ms
    64 bytes from 2605:8000:d:1::167: icmp_seq=11 ttl=54 time=180 ms
    64 bytes from 2605:8000:d:1::167: icmp_seq=12 ttl=54 time=179 ms
    64 bytes from 2605:8000:d:1::167: icmp_seq=13 ttl=54 time=179 ms
    64 bytes from 2605:8000:d:1::167: icmp_seq=14 ttl=54 time=180 ms
    64 bytes from 2605:8000:d:1::167: icmp_seq=15 ttl=54 time=179 ms
    
    


  • I'm seeing the exact same thing. Low level tests work fine, but http is very hit or miss. Ipv6-test.com almost never works, and with test-ipv6.com sometimes it's great, sometimes it's terribly slow, and sometimes I fail the large packet tests. Ipv6test.google.com alternately tells me I don't have any ipv6 or that it's working fine. As more "regular" sites are starting to be v6 enabled I've actually disabled my HE interface since I've grown tired of the timeouts just clicking on links for leisure surfing.

    I'm on the March 12th build of 2.1.


Log in to reply