Added a second LAN and the second LAN cannot connect to the internet.

• Today i am trying to break up my network into three subnets.
      1) Wired network.
      2) Wireless network.
      3) Servers, printers, and other utilities.

I got the two new network cards today, some nice new Linksys gigabit NIC's, and since i just use an ASUS router in AP mode i dont need a wireless NIC. But after i rebooted the system, then enabled the interfaces, i noticed two things.

1) Those new interfaces cant acess the internet and i dont know why.
      2) If im on my desktop on the wired network, i cant reach my file server on the other network.

The way i currently have it configured is:

WAN-      DHCP
    LAN-      192.168.1.1/24
    WIFI-      192.168.2.1/24
    SERVER-  192.168.3.1/24

I dont know if that is right, im kinda new to PFsense and networking like this as a whole, so i need all the help i can get.

Also, is there a package that i can use to let the networks comunicate? because ill need that to get on my servers. I have a NAS, Minecraft, and LAN Dayz server that me and my brother play. And i need to acess those from the other two networks. Avahi i think is what will work for that… thats the direction another thread pointed me in, but idk.

• Are the DHCP servers on all three subnets active? Static IP or dynamic for the clients? Please post screenshots of your firewall rules, I think it's the fastest way of us getting a picture of the situation and you getting help.

• (I changed to two subnets, i released i didn't really need the extra one for servers)

• you need to add  a "PASS" rule on your WiFi tab, if you want to be able to go to "the internet" from your wifi interface

• I feel like its more complexed then that

• Your WiFi definitely won't access anything because there aren't any rules defined.  As you can see in the text in that screen shot, it tells you that nothing will route.

I also only see three interfaces: WAN, LAN, and WiFi.  Is the LAN both your wired and server/printer interface?  If so, you've got that interface set up to route 192.168.1.1/24.  Your 192.168.2.1/24 traffic probably won't route out of there.  You'd need to expand the subnet to 192.168.1.1/23 to cover the range 192.168.0.1-192.168.1.254 and move your subnet ranges to accommodate the new subnet mask.

I don't see a fourth interface which would accommodate your 1) WAN, 2) Wired, 3) Wireless, and 4) Servers, etc.  That's why I'm asking about the servers and Wired being on the same interface.

• Im sorta scrapping the server/printer network. It will just run off the wired LAN.

• i am by no means a pro/expert… but my first thought was are u using auto NAT or Manual NAT?

if manual nat, you need to add mapping...