How to get Dyn DNS of pfsense running

• How guys…please tell me how to i get Dyn DNS service of pfsense running ?

i tried many times but just i reboot my gateway pfsense can't update my ip(Dyn.com) .

thank you .

• I went to the services menu and picked Dynamic DNS then clicked the plus button to add my information. What I have filled in/selected:

Service Type: DynDNS (dynamic)
    Interface to monitor: WAN
    Hostname: (your Dyn assigned hostname, something like me.dyndns.info)
    Username: (the username and password from Dyn that you set up for your account)
    Password:

Putting that in and hitting the save button got it working for me.

You did see the note there and take one of the options?

Note:
    You must configure a DNS server in System: General setup or allow the DNS server list to be overridden by DHCP/PPP on WAN for dynamic DNS updates to work.

If that doesn't work then you might need to look at the logs (Status : System Logs : System) for entries from the DynDNS updater to see what is wrong. Posting a snip of any errors here if you need help should get somebody with more experience to chip in.

Look for something like this at the time you made your edits:  (xxx's to hide my real IP)

Mar 22 19:29:41 	php: /services_dyndns_edit.php: phpDynDNS: No change in my IP address and/or 25 days has not passed. Not updating dynamic DNS entry.
    Mar 22 19:29:41 	php: /services_dyndns_edit.php: DynDns: Current WAN IP: 68.3.239.xxx Cached IP: 68.3.239.xxx
    Mar 22 19:29:41 	php: /services_dyndns_edit.php: DynDns debug information: 68.3.239.xxx extracted from local system.
    Mar 22 19:29:41 	php: /services_dyndns_edit.php: DynDns: updatedns() starting

• Hi…did you restart your router or modem or gateway ? after that my problem starts up.

• Post your Dynamic DNS settings (don't tell us your username/password - you will have to get that correct yourself ;) and DynDNS syslog entries - then we can try and help.
    I use the DynDNS service from many sites and it updates fine.

• These are my settings :

Service type : DynDNS (dynamic)

interface : WAN

Hostname : myDomain

MX : empty

Wildcards : unchecked

username : myusername

passwd : mypasswd

• Hostname : myDomain

In Hostname you have to put the complete domain name that you have registered with DynDNS - e.g. davis-server.dyndns-ip.com

• @phil.davis:

Hostname : myDomain

In Hostname you have to put the complete domain name that you have registered with DynDNS - e.g. davis-server.dyndns-ip.com

Yes i did that…but also no luck.

• Hi…my problem that pfsense box updates my domain slowly (about 15 minuts) , can i set time to update that domain ?