Unable to ping local LAN or gateway

• Okay, so I am new to pfSense.  I have it up and running with 4 interfaces (one WAN and 3 LANs).  I can access the web interface.  THere are 3 subnets, one for each LAN.  The IP of each interface. is x.x.x.1/24.  I am using Microsoft hyper-V to host the pfSense server and other machines.  The WAN interface is actually a 192.168.2.x address since it then routes to my Dlink router out to the internet.  From the pfSense server, I can ping any machine on the WAN and get replies.  However, if I try to ping any machine on any of the LAN interfaces, it fails.  ALso, if I try to ping from a client machine to the pfSense interface (x.x.x.1) I get a destination host unreachable message.  I have not changed any routing rules or anything.  This is basically the default setup.

What am I missing?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• In cases such as this, I always start with the firewall logs (Status > System Logs > Firewall) tab. IF you haven't setup any rules yet the traffic is probably getting blocked. If this is the case, you will want to visit the rules (Firewall > Rules) and add rules which all traffic out of the different LAN interfaces.