Fix for slow web with pfSense 2.0.3 + squid + squidGuard



  • Hi!

    I was getting sloooow internet web browsing from some weeks ago.

    Today I tried to fix it and I found this:
    http://redmine.pfsense.org/issues/945

    if(stristr(php_uname('r'), '8.1') == TRUE) {
                    if (!file_exists('/usr/local/php5')) {
                            chdir('/usr/local/');
                            exec ("fetch http://files.pfsense.org/packages/8/vhosts/php5.tar.gz");
                            exec("tar zxvf /usr/local/php5.tar.gz -C /usr/local/");
                            exec("rm /usr/local/php5.tar.gz");
                    }
            }
    

    I looked and the vhosts.inc, but it was correct (with the 8.1) so I looked for the /usr/local/php5 directory in my system and I discovered It doesn't was there.

    I did manually the commands inside the previous if and "installed" the php5 files on my system.

    And now my pfSense box allows me to fly browsing as usually.

    I don't know why the previous IF doesn't worked, I don't know if it could be due to permissions or other things. I got some problems with permissions with the last packages I updated (squid, squidGuard and others).

    Thx for all the pfSense crew for this good tool.