Gateways offline/IPv4 + IPv6/Monitored IP gets mixed up
dkrizic last edited by
I have two external gateways:
- IPv4: PPPoE with dynamic IP, forced disconnect after 24 hours, scheduled by me to 3 am
- IPv6: Hurricane Eletric Tunnel with static IPv6 address (/64)
This works so far, but mostly every morning the gateways are shown offline:
- GW_WAN: 100% packet loss, offline
- HETunnel: 100% packet loss, offline
After a reboot or restarting the interfaces everything becomes green (online) again. The Monitor IP was default, so I added my own
- 220.127.116.11 (Google DNS) for IPv4
- 2607:f8b0:4000:805::1012 (ipv6.google.com) for IPv6
But the behaviour is the same. But today I found the following in the logs:
- php: rc.resolv_conf_generate: The command '/sbin/route change -host 2001:470:20::2 18.104.22.168' returned exit code '68', the output was 'route: bad address: 2001:470:20::2'
- php: rc.resolv_conf_generate: The command '/sbin/route change -host -inet6 22.214.171.124 2001:470:XXXX:XXX::1' returned exit code '1', the output was '126.96.36.199: hostname nor servname provided, or not known'
So obviously the IP addresses of the two gateways are mixed up somehow. Any idea?