Squid3 - broken tab & non-working state

• Hi,

Was playing with Squid3 and Squidguard package, and I need help to clean everything for start again the configuration of the 2 package.

What was done :

• installation of "Squid3" package, basic setup listening on 3128 only, usage was OK
    • installation of "Squidguard", setup of the Toulouse dedicated to PfSense blacklist. Install of the database ok, but no categories appears in the configuration tabs. At this point, Squid3 non working.
    • Re-install package, re-install GUI, same problem.
    • Un-install everything + download the .XML full setup & remove by hand all the "Squid" & "Squidguard" reference.

From this clean state, install only the Squid3 package to start again the setup, but :

• Tab "Authentication" is broken :
      Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /usr/local/www/pkg_edit.php(271) : eval()'d code on line 1

• Squid3 access using port 3128 give :
      ERROR
      The requested URL could not be retrieved

• I have setup language to "en" for posting here the output error, but the error are still displayed in French (previous setup).

–> My guess is it didn't setup everything because of old configurations.
    --> And, I think I need to remove everything again, XML clean by hand, but need more "rm -rf /../folder/" to clean my setup ... And I'm stuck here.

If you need more logs or testing to catch the tab "authenticate" error in Squid 3 package, just please ask.

Thanks,

Phil

• To avoid problems with squid version, use squid3-squidguard package instead of squidguard that has squid2 as dependence.

• The same here - squid3 is the only package on the system, Authentication tab throws the following message

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /usr/local/www/pkg_edit.php(271) : eval()'d code on line 1 

I'm running pfSense 2.0.3, fresh install. Tried to uninstall all the packages, then installed only squid3.

Are there any ideas how to fix it?

• @RubenMuradyan:

The same here - squid3 is the only package on the system, Authentication tab throws the following message

I'm running pfSense 2.0.3, fresh install. Tried to uninstall all the packages, then installed only squid3.

Are there any ideas how to fix it?

Full reinstall solves the issue.

• Hi,

I run version 2.0.3. Package list doesn't show me "squid3-squidguard" but only "squidGuard".
    Search engine on the whole forum for keyword "squid3-squidguard" brings me only this thread.

Is their a second repository to configure ? Or should I move to 2.1-RC release ?

Thanks for the support  ;).

Phil