Growl Stopped Working?
Has anybody noticed growl not working for them from pfSense anymore? (Mac only I guess).
I have just been trying to get growl to display notifications from pfSense today and I cannot seem to get it to happen. It used to work great for me, but lately, I'm not sure when, it stopped working.
It could have been since I upgraded to the new paid version of growl 2.1 (now 2.1.1).
Here are the things I have tried:
• remove and redo each line in the notifications Growl section,
• change the Registration/Notification name/password to something else and back again,
• disable/save and re-enable/save the growl section,
• upgraded to the latest snapshot:
2.1-RC1 (amd64) built on Thu Aug 22 03:37:47 EDT 2013 FreeBSD pfs.dv.loc 8.3-RELEASE-p10 FreeBSD 8.3-RELEASE-p10 #1: Thu Aug 22 04:10:07 EDT 2013 root@snapshots-8_3-amd64.builders.pfsense.org:/usr/obj.pfSense/usr/pfSensesrc/src/sys/pfSense_SMP.8 amd64
• deleted the PHP-Growl application name in growl apps (it never came back again after this)
• uninstalled and reinstalled Growl.
I may try to go back to the old version of Growl to see if thats it, but it's hard to believe they would have changed and broken old/working growl senders…
They broke it. :-)