RIPv1 help



  • Hello, I am having some issues and google hasn't been much help…

    My Setup

    WAN1 & WAN2 --->PFSENSE (LAN 192.168.1.1/SERVERS 192.168.2.1) -------> CISCO L2 Switch A

    Cisco L2 Switch A ----> Plugged into Tomato WAN (192.168.1.251)

    for reference the tomato LAN is 192.168.3.1

    My Goal ( I have achieved most of it.. )

    I have OpenVPN Client setup on the Tomato box and have setup where just the SmartTV and all WiFi host are routed via OpenVPN connection... and the Stereo and HTPC do not ... This works perfect..I since my pfsense DNS is setup I can hit all clients by hostname from say HTPC ping SERVER1 that's on 192.168.2.20 lets say...Works Great!

    Now my problem.. I want to be able to hit the HTPC lets say its address is 192.168.3.100 ect.. from the 192.168.1.1 LAN , So I have turned on RIPv1 on Tomato / PFSense  ( looks like v2 works also, I am only using v1 because I have enabled ripv1 service on my windows client to try and see if I can pickup the routs that way..)

    All screenshots -> http://imgur.com/a/O5V2u

    Here are screenshots of my routing tables..

    Tomato:
    http://imgur.com/a/O5V2u#BsNyCif

    On my PFSense:
    http://imgur.com/a/O5V2u#LUIxrmA

    On Windows , I have only seen this table sometimes, I am not sure what the trigger is to make it appear but...the network 192.168.3.0/27 is still unreachable
    http://imgur.com/a/O5V2u#v7x7if0

    On Windows what I see most of the time even with rip service on manual in services.msc
    http://imgur.com/a/O5V2u#48VM0fj

    What am I doing wrong? If PFSense knows the routes for 192.168.3.0/27 go via 192.168.1.251 and that is CORRECT, and PFSense can hit say tomato 192.168.3.1 
    PING 192.168.3.1 (192.168.3.1) from 192.168.1.1: 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 192.168.3.1: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.557 ms
    64 bytes from 192.168.3.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.362 ms
    64 bytes from 192.168.3.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.361 ms

    or a host say my phone connected on WiFi 192.168.3.13

    PING 192.168.3.13 (192.168.3.13) from 192.168.1.1: 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 192.168.3.13: icmp_seq=0 ttl=63 time=242.560 ms
    64 bytes from 192.168.3.13: icmp_seq=1 ttl=63 time=31.006 ms
    64 bytes from 192.168.3.13: icmp_seq=2 ttl=63 time=48.500 ms

    But when I try to do the same from my clients that are on the 192.168.1.0/24 network

    (From my laptop 192.168.1.150):

    Pinging 192.168.3.1 with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

    Ping statistics for 192.168.3.1:
        Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

    Pinging 192.168.3.13 with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

    Ping statistics for 192.168.3.13:
        Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),


Log in to reply