Squid Not Working after upgrade to 2.1
I did the upgrade from 2.03 to 2.1 and squid is not working. Tried uninstalling and re-installing with out success.
squid: Squid Parent: child process 59576 exited with status 1
Sep 29 09:07:01 squid: Squid Parent: child process 60877 started
Sep 29 09:07:01 (squid): The ssl_crtd helpers are crashing too rapidly, need help!
squid3 Network 3.1.20 pkg 2.0.6
Any ideas on how I can get this working.?
I had this problem and found a value populated in the Squid configuration that I didn't put there. It somehow came over from the upgrade. I want to say it was in the neighborhood of the Local Cache or ACLs tab. Anyway, once I removed the line and restarted the service, everyone was back up and running again.
Overall I've had small hiccups with squid on pfSense when it comes to upgrades. I usually go through my configuration with a fine tooth comb after an upgrade to make sure nothing new was introduced that will cause me problems.
Sorry I can't be more specific. I honestly don't remember where the value was now, but hopefully I've pointed you in the right direction.
Had the same problem myself.
Had to uninstall and reboot.
Install and reboot.
Then it was working again.
It still exits with status 0 2-3 times during reboot but the last child process is staying and squid is working.
I looked at the squid config and did not see anything unusual ( I am not a squid expert though). The rebooting solution seems to be working. It has been running for about 2 hours without an issue. Now I see that the RRD graphs do not show the captive portal data. On to the next issue.
Thanks for the solution.