Multi WAN / Multiple LAN

• Hi I have two WAN interfaces and four LAN interfaces.

WAN1 is the default gateway, and WAN2 is currently unused.
    I want to allow one IP on on of my LANs, say LAN1, to use WAN2.

I can set up a firewall rule to redirect traffic from the LAN1/ip to WAN2 by specifying a source IP and the appropriate Gateway (WAN2) in "Advanced Settings", but it's also routing traffic that should be sent to the other LANs on the WAN2 interface.  I must be incorrectly setting something somewhere but I can't for the life of me work out how to let the LAN routes work as normal and only provide the rule for non-local addresses…

• Worked a soulution out eventually. I used a set of Policy Negation rules before my WAN rule.

It's still a pain though as I have to maintain a negation rule for each LAN interface (so up to 16 rules in my case - 4 on each LAN I want to have special cases on). It works though… :)

What would be really useful (for me) would be to have a Dest != Local_Interface option for a rule...

• @MarkHowells:

What would be really useful (for me) would be to have a Dest != Local_Interface option for a rule…

I worked out I could pretty well achieve this using an single negate rule with Destination specifying an alias containing a list of local subnets.  Pretty good actually.

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

@MarkHowells:

What would be really useful (for me) would be to have a Dest != Local_Interface option for a rule…

https://redmine.pfsense.org/issues/96

It's something we'd like to have a choice for, eventually.