VDSL PPPoE with IPv4/29 to be used on DMZ interface
hugobrenner last edited by
I'm currently struggling with the following setup and do not get any further by searching through the forums, documentation etc. and hope that anyone can point me in the right direction.
- Public IPv4 /29 range with IP1-8, usable 2-7
- WAN interface: PPPoE works and gets IP2 from the ISP (works)
- DMZ interface: I'd like to use IP3-7 on the DMZ interface (here is my problem)
- LAN interface: Is a /24 private range and NATed to the WAN interface (works already)
Setup is as follows:
VDSL bridge -> WAN (PPPoE) pfSense 2.1 (Alix, 3 NICs) -> DMZ (IPv4 public, IP3-7)
|–--> LAN (IPv4 private, NATed)
How do I get the 5 remaining IPs working on the DMZ interface?
- If I set the DMZ IPv4 to none and bridge it to the WAN interface the connection does not work. Do I really need to set an IP address to the DMZ interface and waste it or is there another way?
Any hints appreciated!
I am unsure of this but no other replies in 5 days…
It depends on how your ISP is delivering the IP range to you. You can't bridge to a PPPoE interface but you may be able to use IP aliases and then 1:1 NAT to your DMZ.
There have been similar questions to this before that I beleive were solved. In particular I remember another user had an almost identical situation here in the UK where BT business DSL provide an IP range across PPPoE. However they may have been routing those IPs differently.
Edit: For example: http://forum.pfsense.org/index.php/topic,59573.0.html