Unable to reliably send email

• User's on my network are unable to reliably connect to out going mail server SMTP, using either of the ports our hosting company gave us 25 or 587.  In the states table when I look at the traffic going to 25, or 587 I see TIME_WAIT:TIME_WAIT.  I also have static outbound NAT rules that I had to turn on for the VoIP system. When I reset the States table users can send email for a while, but it stops a few hours after. I read a post here about the same thing and the person found their problem to be incoming DNS requests, this isn't the case here. I will add off Site I can connect to email 100% of the time, it is only when on local network with PFSense router.

Running 2.1-RELEASE (i386) on an Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3240 CPU @ 3.40GHz with 3471 MB of memory.

• Netgate Administrator

Is your static outbound NAT rule sufficiently narrow that it only catches VoIP traffic? Could it be causing problems for smtp? Too many clients using the same source port perhaps?

Steve

• I disabled Static Outbound NAT just for testing and still having the same problem. No I have no idea what could be causing it.