Can't get IP from modem via DHCP?
So for some reason I can not get an IP on my Rosewill RC-404 NIC (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166005) when used as a WAN from the modem via DHCP.
I even bought a new modem.
I've done the following:
- Reinstalled version 2.1 of pfSense
- Restarted and factory reset both the old and new modems
- Swapped WAN/LAN duties with the card in question and the LAN card
- Switched from IPv4 to IPv6
- Used an entirely different computer with the same cards
- Exchanged the goofy card with the exact model
- Changed the IRQ number (Had a notification via the BIOS at boot that there was a conflict)
I even had problems with it on a FreeNAS box I have.
The only thing I haven't done is test it with a non-BSD based system.
I'll test the card(s) with Ubuntu GNU/Linux and see what happens.
Has anyone else experienced this?
I've spent about 2 days trying to resolve the issue and really don't understand what's going on here.
I think E-lins can help u.
Any update on this? I have the exact same problem on pfsense 2.1 on bsd.