Harddrive is running full (Squid)

• Hello together,

I'm writing to you because I want to clean my harddisk. Before I installed the Squid package my disk usage showed me only 2%. But now during the daily business it increases a lot. I found some commands for cleaning the cache…

What I have used:

squid -k shutdown

rm -rf /var/squid/cache/*

squid -z

…but don't get back my space on my harddrive.

I have also tried to clean the logs under "/var/squid/logs" but this was only 30MB. I attached some screenshots of my configuration maybe you can find something wrong.

So I know look for some hints that could probably be helpfull for me. I kindly ask you if you could please help in that case. What else could it be?

King Regards

• Trying running the below code you could try changing the 50MB threshold to something higher as well to pinpoint quicker the folder in question.

cd /
    du -h -t 50MB

• Netgate Administrator

So you have used 3GB. Is that a problem? Are you seeing filesystem full errors?
    10GB is a small drive, what sort of drive is it?

Steve

• @stephenw10:

Steve

Ok guys, over the night my problem solved on its own. Now I'm back at 9 percent of disk usage.

@stehenw10
    Don't get me wrong. That's not a problem but I like it when I have the control over my machines and this includes the possibility to manage the space on the harddrive in my firewall machine.
    I don't see any filesystem errors likewise I don't know where I have to look. ;) The PC is an old desktop computer which now functioned as the firewall.

Thank you both for you quick response.

Bye

• @Lord_Firewall:

@stephenw10:

Steve

Ok guys, over the night my problem solved on its own. Now I'm back at 9 percent of disk usage.

@stehenw10
    Don't get me wrong. That's not a problem but I like it when I have the control over my machines and this includes the possibility to manage the space on the harddrive in my firewall machine.
    I don't see any filesystem errors likewise I don't know where I have to look. ;) The PC is an old desktop computer which now functioned as the firewall.

Thank you both for you quick response.

Bye

Are you running in a virtual machine by chance?

• @bryan.paradis:

Are you running in a virtual machine by chance?

No I do not.

Regards