Setting up transparent proxy in bridged mode
srijit92 last edited by
I have been trying to setup transparent proxy in bridged mode. The problem is that in real time tab i see no traffic but in client pc net works fine. I did the following :
1. Created a bridge with LAN and WAN if.
2. Set up LAN and WAN with no IP Address.
3. Assigned desired IP and gateway to bridge if.
4. Installed Squid Proxy 3.0
5. Ran squid in transparent mode in port 8080 and allowed all subnets in ACL.
6. Rebooted the server.
WAN connected to router
LAN connected to switch.
Router IP : 192.168.10.1
WAN IP - 192.168.10.10
Gateway - 192.168.10.1
GW - 192.168.10.1
You can't do a transparent proxy on a bridge. It just doesn't work with pf. It's been mentioned/documented before, there may even be a ticket open. It's a limitation of pf.