One more IPv6 over PPPoE issue



  • Hi all!

    My provider is starting to test IPv6 and they decided to go with PPPoE. Crap.

    OK, on my Win8 machine I set up PPPoE account all is just peachy, I get V4 and V6 (2001….) addresses and ipv6 is working.

    Time to implement it on pfSense.
    I created new PPPoE on pfsense and tried many options but I can`t get IPv6 address?
    IPv4 is assigned immidiatley after I click connect but IPv6 is not.
    On my WIN8 machine I get both.

    Any idea?

    Thanks!



  • I have the same issue using ipv6 over PPPOE

    Apparently this issue was resolved in version 2.1.1. But it looks like now this bug has regress in version 2.1.3.

    The only way I got it working for my setup is to issue the following in the cli:

    route change -inet6 default IP6_ADDR%pppoe0

    I found some posts that maybe helpful for you below:

    https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=65964.0
    https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=68364.0



  • Hi,

    I have also an issue with pppoe using French ISP Nerim. ifconfig on pppoe0 returns :

    pppoe0: flags=88d1 <up,pointopoint,running,noarp,simplex,multicast>metric 0 mtu2
            inet6 2001:910:XXXX:X::X prefixlen 56                                 
            inet6 fe80::200:24ff:fecf:28f4%pppoe0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0xd         
            inet6 fe80::5043:b158:0:0%pppoe0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0xd             
            inet XX.XX.XXX.XX –> XX.X.XX.XX netmask 0xffffffff                   
            nd6 options=3 <performnud,accept_rtadv>Is it normal to have 2 IPv6 Link Local ?

    In "route change -inet6 default IP6_ADDR%pppoe0" is IP6_ADDR a link local IP or a gateway provided by the ISP ? My ISP gives nothing. Everything should be provided throught PPPOE.</performnud,accept_rtadv></up,pointopoint,running,noarp,simplex,multicast>



  • The issue for me seems to be resolved now after I updated to version 2.1.4-RELEASE.



  • I finally get my IPv6 connexion working with pfSense 2.1.4-RELEASE (i386) . Here are the steps I followed :

    • checked "Allow IPv6" in "System: Advanced: Networking"
    • enabled "Static IPv6" on the WAN interface and set IPV6_ADDR with /128 prefix
    • let "IPv6 Upstream Gateway" to "none"
    • run "route change -inet6 default IPV6_ADDR" (without %pppoe)
    • enabled "Static IPv6" on LAN interface and set IP with /64 prefix
    • checked "Enable DHCPv6 server on LANX interface" in "Services: DHCPv6 server"
    • let "Router Advertisement" to "Disabled"
    • added some IPv6 rules for LANX traffic

Log in to reply