SqidGuard



  • I am having the same issue with no catagories showig up once blacklist is d/l and updated; enable blacklist is ticked. I have tried with Sqid,.SqidGuard nogo; so I removed those packages and tried Squid3, SqidGuard3 same results. The same issue here https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=57886



  • Did you go to Services - Proxy filter - Blacklist and fill everything and then Download?  I found that I had to do that first, THEN go to Services - Proxy filter - General Settings - Blacklist options.  Then click Save then Apply.  Only then did the categories appear for me.



  • What do you mean by fill everything?

    I have
    Blacklist update Log

    Begin blacklist update
    Start download.
    Download archive http://192.168.5.2/blacklist.tgz
    Download complete
    Unpack archive
    Scan blacklist categories.
    Start rebuild DB.
    Copy DB to workdir.
    Reconfigure Squid proxy.
    Blacklist update complete.

    FTR when I look in the db home dir there are not any files so it seems even though the log shows it copied DB to workdir there still does not seem to be one.
    logdir /var/squidGuard/log
    dbhome /var/db/squidGuard
    logs ok
    db dir empty



  • It seems your blacklist file is not recognized.
    Have you tried updating with the shallalist for instance?

    Here is my update log, from the squidguard page.

    Begin blacklist update
    Start download.
    Download archive http://pfsense.home/blacklist.tar.gz
    Download complete
    Unpack archive
    Scan blacklist categories.
    Found 4 items.
    Start rebuild DB.
    Copy DB to workdir.
    Reconfigure Squid proxy.
    Blacklist update complete.

    The categories depend on the blacklist files (domain;urls;expression) to be located into separate folders.



  • Yea I have already tried the other blacklist packages.

    Begin blacklist update
    Start download.
    Download archive http://192.168.5.2/shallalist.tar.gz
    Download complete
    Unpack archive
    Scan blacklist categories.
    Found 16 items.
    Start rebuild DB.
    Copy DB to workdir.
    Reconfigure Squid proxy.
    Blacklist update complete.
    

    Tried this one again as a new d/l and the item count shows and the db dir does have the folders there this time but target categories is still empty.



  • Tried on PfSense v 2.1.3 and 2.1.4 no go; was on 2GB nanoBSD. My solution was install PfSense on a HDD. Seems to be working now.



  • Oh, nano.  I think I remember reading something about how you can only use squid for user authentication and URL filtering. You can't use any caching, logging, or blacklists due to limited space.



  • Makes since.