Multiple VLans +300

• Hi,

I know how to configure VLans through the interface and bridge, there are some good examples I have seen.

My question is to see if a number of VLANS (+300 VLans) can be added in a more efficient/productive way, rather then by the Web GUI.  I can easily generate the configuration separately and dump to a text file.

It would be easier to cut and paste configuration to a file etc, is this possible?

Roofus

• i would suggest something like backup/restore, download xml of vlans config than add what u need, and restore…

the file looks like this:

<vlans><vlan><if>fxp0</if>
    		<tag>20</tag>

<vlanif>fxp0_vlan20</vlanif></vlan> 
    	 <vlan><if>fxp0</if>
    		<tag>251</tag>

<vlanif>fxp0_vlan251</vlanif></vlan> 
    	 <vlan><if>fxp0</if>
    		<tag>252</tag>

<vlanif>fxp0_vlan252</vlanif></vlan> 
    	 <vlan><if>fxp0</if>
    		<tag>253</tag>

<vlanif>fxp0_vlan253</vlanif></vlan></vlans> 

• Thanks,

I'll have a go on Thursday, but looks like a good alternative.

Roofus

• There used to be a feature that you could enter a vlan range on the interface and it will generate all of them.

Not sure if its still there need to check that.

• Hi,

Could not see that option there.  Suggestion of editing XML file worked a treat, just used Excel to construct all the strings and pasted them in.

Also used this method for a couple of other things, such as interfaces for VLAN's, worked a treat and has save a LOT of time.

Menus are a little overloaded now though, wish there was a way to make them display/sort better!

Roofus