HEADS UP: Snapshot auto-update URLs changed!
The base OS moved to 10.1-RELEASE (or what will be -RELEASE) so the snapshot auto-update URLs followed.
May be obvious to seasoned pfSense veterans, but this update URL is changed in System –> Firmware --> Updater settings
Before I realized that, I edited the URL in the file /etc/inc/globals.inc (per the changeset https://redmine.pfsense.org/projects/pfsense/repository/revisions/b4bd9c56c12abeec0480d5770f8a7d857349d977) and restarted the web interface. That didn't work, but changing via the webgui did work.
Trying something for the first time with automatically redirecting auto-update to the changed URL. It was easiest to test by throwing it in on production. Faster for me to implement that for everyone than change the URL manually on all the test systems I have. :)
This "just works" for me, with the old update URL you should see snapshots from late on the 7th currently (which are actually coming from the new URL).
Any feedback from those with a snapshot from October 6 or earlier would be appreciated - were you able to auto-update to a late October 7th or newer snapshot without changing your auto-update URL?
I was only shown the update from 6th around 0300 hours before I changed the update url.
I had a snapshot from 29th.
You're running 32 bit I'm guessing and were slightly too quick, I only had that in place for amd64 at the time of that post, added i386 probably more or less exactly the time you posted. Both should work now.
Works fine on AMD64:
A new version is now available Current version: 2.2-BETA Built On: Sat Sep 27 14:17:44 CDT 2014 New version: Tue Oct 07 21:35:10 CDT 2014 Update source: https://snapshots.pfsense.org/FreeBSD_stable/10/amd64/pfSense_HEAD/.updaters/
Works here on i386
A new version is now available Current version: 2.2-BETA Built On: Fri Sep 19 23:33:28 CDT 2014 New version: Tue Oct 07 21:47:40 CDT 2014 Update source: http://snapshots.pfsense.org/FreeBSD_stable/10/i386/pfSense_HEAD/.updaters/