[Solved]Dynamic DNS for multi WAN

• Hello,

I have 2 WAN (ADSL ) with dynamic IP for both, I have account with Dyndns for both and I use pfsense>services>dynamic dns. The 1st/main update IP is ok, but the 2de fail to update its IP (= php: rc.newwanip: Curl error occurred: Failed to connect to members.dyndns.org port 443: Operation timed out )

Could please someone explain how to make "dynamic dns" update works for both WAN?  :'(

• I have the same and it works. I have Service Type "DynDNS (dynamic)" selected, then choose the appropriate WAN interface to monitor, fill in host name (like myoffice.dyndns-ip.com), Username and Password. And it is working on 2.1.5.

members.dyndns.org responds to ping, so you could try from webGUI Diagnostics->Ping to that name. Try with "Source Address" as each of your WANs. If the ping fails from WAN2 then you have something to fault-find.

You can also use Diagnostics->DNS Lookup to lokup members.dyndns.org - but I guess the name lookup will be working since WAN1 is able to find it.

• Hi, thanks a lot for your suggestions !

I have the same and it works. I have Service Type "DynDNS (dynamic)" selected, then choose the appropriate WAN interface to monitor, fill in host name (like myoffice.dyndns-ip.com), Username and Password.

This is exactly what i do for both WAN1 and Wan2.

And it is working on 2.1.5.

I have this too = 2.1.5-RELEASE (amd64)

members.dyndns.org responds to ping, so you could try from webGUI Diagnostics->Ping to that name. Try with "Source Address" as each of your WANs. If the ping fails from WAN2 then you have something to fault-find.

As u see it works!

In fact what it make me confused a lot is : if i do a manually update for Wan2 that works!  :-\ ….

Notice : I just format the hardrive and install a new and clean pfsense with only "Darkstat" as package. I have few rules in NAT (classicals rules like simple port foward) and really nothing special in it, not even load balancing rule yet...

1. Is your ADSL device in bridge mode?
      Or
    2. do you have it in default routing mode, and have a little private LAN between ADSL device and pfSense WAN2?

If 2, then pfSense will not detect a public IP change. When I have that in a small office, I install Cron package, and use it to edit the dyndns update job so it runs every 5 minutes to check the current public IP against the DNS name

3-59/5  	*  	*  	*  	*  	root  	/usr/bin/nice -n20 /etc/rc.dyndns.update  

• I did studied the topic a bit before i decided to move on pfsense ;) … Both router are in bridge mode. All is controled by pfsense (PPPOE).

As you see, all should make it works but it dont.  :'( :'(

• Ok, after days to test and wait for result : i solved it by input google in dns server for my wan2 (which doest want to update!)

Et voila!…

ps : in the log i still see :

php: rc.newwanip: Curl error occurred: Failed to connect to members.dyndns.org port 443: Operation timed out

but the dns is up to date so…