Squidguard/Web Filtering Questions
I have a client who is considering installing a PFSense based firewall to replace his existing Sonicwall. The Sonicwall is providing content filtering and blacklisting services that he would need to be support by the PFSense. I do not have much experience with Squid so I was hoping someone with experience could let me know if I can accomplish these things in Squid or any other packages.
• Easy to use web interface
• Blacklist websites for all users
• Allow specific users to access blacklisted websites
• Run a report that shows what websites a particular user has been on in a specified time period
• Run a report that shows the websites UserA has been on, sorted by the length of time, bandwidth usage, etc
• Run a report that shows a list of users, sorted by bandwidth within a specified time period (if this needs to be ran per branch location, that’s OK)
• Active Directory integrated so reports show usernames
It's the Active directory tie-in and reporting features that I am trying to figure out if the PFSense and it's packages can support. I plan to get a test setup running to play with these features but any feedback from an experienced user with these features would be extremely appreciated!
LightSquid can do most of the reporting you need. I don't know about AD integration but a quick search shows this thread of interest.
Thanks for your reply. I definitely have some reading/digging to do but that link appears to contain helpful information for the active directory piece.