NAT Squid 3.0 Issue ?
Helium75 last edited by
after a buisy weekend I discovered that there was an update to the pfSense firewall.
So I decided to click it … I guess that was the worst decission ever ... might have worked on a Tuesday, but never do that Mondays.
- Squid 3.x as transpartent proxy , using the standart port on the LAN interface.
- LAN is clicked on the transpartent setting part
- Lan is also activated for general interfaces ( top part)
- no additional ACLs added
- no additional settings
The result :
Squid stopped working after 2 minutes. So I was trying to investigate what caused that mess.
What I did so far :
- reinstalled squid ( same result , no internet access)
- upgraded squid from version 2 to version 3, no change
- downgraded to the prior version of pfsense ( very bad idea, cost my 2 hours of me life to fix it afterwards and re-roll to 2.2)
- checked all log files. No result, nothing there that shouldn't be there
What I found out:
- When you access squid on the designated server port (3125) - it works.
- When I take the settings of my browser off ( direct internet access ) - no connection
My question :
- Does Squid set up a NAT rules for the server ? If so, would I see that on the NAT GUI ?
I hope the section I opened the thread is the correct one, wasnt qutie sure where to put it.
Thank you very much for any idea how I can fix this issue in advance.