Error on SquidGuard 1.4.7 install/uninstall

• I haven't migrated to 2.2 yet since I need certain packages to work without problems.  To that end, I maintain a dummy pfSense 2.2 install so I can try the packages out when they're updated, and I'll move once all of them work to my satisfaction.

Today I installed Squid 3.4.10_2 pkg 0.2.6.  I went to install SquidGuard 1.4_7 pkg v.1.9.10 and got this on install and uninstall:

Warning: file_put_contents(/usr/pbi/squidguard-amd64/etc/squidGuard/squidguard_conf.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/pkg/squidguard.inc on line 1031

• Hi!

I have same problem!

And then updating blacklist error in log:

php: squidGuard_blacklist_update.sh: The command '/usr/pbi/squid-amd64/local/sbin/squid -k reconfigure' returned exit code '1', the output was 'Shared object "libmd5.so.0" not found, required by "squid"' 

Because it's looking in dir /usr/lib and not in  '/usr/pbi/squid-amd64/local/lib/
    Also same error with ./etc/ it's looking in dir /usr/local/etc/squid/ and not in /usr/pbi/squid-amd64/local/etc/squid

Some how code not working in squidguard_configurator.inc

# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # squidguard system constants
    # ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

## HmH added begin
    define('SQUID_LOCALBASE','/usr/pbi/squid-amd64');
    ## HmH added end

$pf_version=substr(trim(file_get_contents("/etc/version")),0,3);
    if ($pf_version > 2.0) {
    	if (file_exists('/usr/pbi/squidguard-squid3-' . php_uname("m")))
    		define('SQUIDGUARD_LOCALBASE', '/usr/pbi/squidguard-squid3-' . php_uname("m"));
    	else
    		define('SQUIDGUARD_LOCALBASE', '/usr/pbi/squidguard-' . php_uname("m"));
    } else
    	define('SQUIDGUARD_LOCALBASE','/usr/pbi/squidguard-squid3-amd64');

if (!defined('SQUID_LOCALBASE') && ($pf_version > 2.0))
    	define('SQUID_LOCALBASE', '/usr/pbi/squid-' . php_uname("m"));
    elseif (!defined('SQUID_LOCALBASE'))
    	define('SQUID_LOCALBASE','/usr/pbi/squid-amd64');

define('SQUID_CONFIGFILE',              SQUID_LOCALBASE . '/etc/squid/squid.conf');
    define('TMP_DIR',                       '/var/tmp');

But it doesn't work!

• Same here.  I was playing with it again today and  I installed fresh.  Same error as before regarding squidguard.inc, but when I tried using it I found that it wasn't blocking anything.  Loading the blacklist and setting the Common ACL default access to Deny didn't do anything like I expected it to do.  The logs are unhelpful.

• The same error

Warning: file_put_contents(/usr/pbi/squidguard-amd64/etc/squidGuard/squidguard_conf.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/pkg/squidguard.inc on line 1031

happens on uninstall as well.

• I seem to have gotten it working despite the error.  I don't know if it is consistent, but I had to install it, uninstall it and then install it again for it to work.  Doing a reinstall didn't make a difference; I had to remove first.

• For the error "Warning: file_put_contents(/usr/pbi/squidguard-amd64/etc/squidGuard/squidguard_conf.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/pkg/squidguard.inc on line 1032" you can try the following:

Open the file /usr/local/pkg/squidguard_configurator.inc

Find the line:
    define('SQUIDGUARD_WORKDIR', SQUIDGUARD_LOCALBASE . '/etc/squidGuard');

Change it to:
    define('SQUIDGUARD_WORKDIR', SQUIDGUARD_LOCALBASE . '/local/etc/squidGuard');

Worked as a charm for me!