2 Wans on pfSense 2.2
I think I found a bug on pfSense 2.2. I will explain all steps made both on pfSense 2.2 and 2.1.4:
- Windows 2012 R2 Standard
- i3-3250, 8 Gb RAM
- VirtualBox 4.3.18, reserved 512 Mb RAM and 20 Gb HDD.
- 3 NICs: 1 LAN (220.127.116.11/24) & 2 WANs (192.168.0.1/24, 192.168.1.0/24), all in bridge mode and promiscous enabled, Intel PRO 1000/T Server.
Steps (the same on both versions)
- Clean Install, default options
- Set WAN -> em0, LAN -> em1.
- Set IP 192.168.0.7/24, GW 192.168.0.1 on WAN.
- Set IP 18.104.22.168/24, no GW, no DHCP server.
- Ping ok for any internet address.
- On pfSense Web Manager, I enabled OPT1 and set IP 192.168.1.7, GW 192.168.1.1.
- On System, Routing, set OPT1_GW as default
- Ping and internet traffic ok on 2.1.4 version, no ping and no Internet Traffic on 2.2.
That's all. I believe it's a bug.
Can you ping the OPT1 gateway, 192.168.1.1?
What is the actual error produced when you try to ping from the OPT1 WAN?
Is that your own IP address, 22.214.171.124/24? If not why are you using it?
Anything in the logs?