Small comsetical bug in sync protocol
I've noticed a small cosmetical bug in the sync protocol: the ">" character in the firewall rules description seems to get lost during the sync. For example, when I use "LAN -> VPN" as description on the master firewall rules, then this will show as "LAN - VPN" on the backup machine… Really not a big deal of course!
That's a known issue that's been around for a long time. The reason is/was that the descriptions were not valid when found in XML directly, but that has since changed since we protect those tags with CDATA. It's probably not necessary to perform that filtering now, but there's still a chance it could break something on sync so we haven't removed it.
Oh okay, I didn't know it was a known issue. As I said, no big deal at all…