Alix APU1D4 re2 not detected by pciconf -lv

• Hi @all,

today, i ran into a strange issue with a brand new Alix APU1D4 board.

After installing pfSense 2.2 AMD64 on this machine, i was able to connect via PPPoE on the WAN side (re0) and my LAN (re1),
    everything seemed to work properly.

But when i tried to enable re2 in "interfaces" as OPT1, this NIC did not appear in the list  :o

I looged in via ssh and ran a "pciconf -lv" - this is the result:

===============================
    re0@pci0:1:0:0: class=0x020000 card=0x012310ec chip=0x816810ec rev=0x06 hdr=0x00
        class      = network
        subclass  = ethernet
    none1@pci0:2:0:0: class=0x020000 card=0x012310ec chip=0x816810ec rev=0x06 hdr=0x00
        class      = network
        subclass  = ethernet
    re1@pci0:3:0:0: class=0x020000 card=0x012310ec chip=0x816810ec rev=0x06 hdr=0x00
        class      = network
        subclass  = ethernet

What´s up with this "none1@pci0:2:0:0: entry? Am i right or am i wrong: the NIC seems to be dead?
    Also in "dmesg" the re2 NIC is not displayed.
    I could´t find any corresponding BIOS setting, such as "activate NICxx" or something like this.

What do you guys think about this? Any ideas what i can do else except a "return to sender"?
    Thanks a lot to all of you!

Best regards
    toshinmac

• Hi,

sorry for not searching "deep" enough on this :-[ and thanks for the link.
    I hope that i´m not gonna have the same hardware issues like some other users are reporting…

Now i will try to re-install with all NIC´s connected - latest FW is installed. In addition, there is
    link/act blinking (on re2) while connected to a switch. Strange stuff.

Visually, the board seems to be in a fine condition, no detached parts, obviously. It´s 4 days old  :(

I will keep you informed on what´s the result!

Cheers
    toshinmac

• UPDATE:

Hi all,

after deeper investigating with the tech. support of the vendor, he considers to replace the mainboard
    because of a technical defect. As you can read in several forums, it seems as if there were common
    issues with this kind of mainboard.

Unfortunately, this type of mainboard is currently not available. I will keep you up to date.

Regards
    toshinmac